Saturday, August 9, 2008

Belgium and Comics

Brussels, as a city, really loves comics. Tin Tin and the Smurfs both originate from Belgium, and there are comic shops and murals of comic characters scattered all over the city. Laura and I had a chance to peruse a few comic shops while we were there. I have never really been a huge fan of comics [exception: I loved Tin Tin when I was younger], but there were some really neat ones there.


We also went to the comic museum one day. It was very interesting, even if it was mostly in French and Dutch. The museum showed the breadth of comic book variety, and was very neat. They also had a decent section on the process that goes into making comics, which is surprisingly intense, particularly for color comics.

2 comments:

William said...

Wasn't Tin Tin a racist?

longshankss said...

I bet you'd enjoy the graphic novel Watchmen. You should look into it. I just finished it the other day and have to say it was damn good.